It’s that time of year when everybody graduates high school/college and starts a new chapter in this book called life. I have just been thinking a lot recently about what it will be like when I graduate college…how I will feel and what I might do.
So I have some thoughts that I wanna share. Just words of encouragement/words of advice. However you prefer to take it. I’m really writing this mostly for myself to look back at when I’m graduated and freaking out haha. (:
Here are 10 things I want to say:
1. First and foremost- chase after God. Don’t neglect your time spent in His word and always trust where He is leading you.
2. Don’t be afraid! God has placed you exactly where you are for a reason. He will protect you and provide for you.
3. Believe in your calling. No matter how rough things get, don’t ever doubt what God has called you to do.
4. Stay close with your family. Whether your church family or biological family- they will always be there for you.
5. Keep your prayer life consistent. For those of you going into ministry- this is especially important. You will be able to minister most effectively when you are in communication with the Lord and your life will be an overflow of what He is doing in you heart. The Lord wants to fill you up!
6. Except the challenges that life throws at you. As a teacher once asked me- How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
7. Have fun! Life is supposed to be filled with God given joy and happiness. Enjoy the little things in life.
8. Make time to have friends. You may think you’re OK on your own, but friends will allow you to have that special time of fellowship.
9. Be patient. God will provide opportunities for you to do His work in His own timing. Don’t rush Him. It won’t work.
10. Love people. The world will know us by our love. Don’t ever be too busy to love others.
“Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your
own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He
will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6